You are hereAbout Us / Purpose
Woodland Owners Association of W.Va. was formed in 1997 to:
- Place property owners in direct contact with experienced local woodland owners who have proven they know how to get the best returns from their woodland ownership while maintaining a healthy, beautiful, and productive forest.
- Promote sustainable & sound forest management.
- Advance the skills of West Virginia woodland owners. •Provide communication and encourage cooperation.
- Serve as an advocate for West Virginia woodland owners in legislative activities.
- Inform the public about the importance of woodland management and what it contributes to the state of West Virginia.
- Participate as an association in litigation of statewide interest to woodland owners.
- Promote The American Tree Farm System.
- Lobby for woodland owners and give them a powerful voice in the legislative process.
- Work to assure the rights of private landowners.